So what if I'm the only person in the blogosphere who still does this? This is a completely unbreakable tradition by now, damn it to hell.
1. What did you do in 2016 that you'd never done before?
Several things, many unbloggable.
2. Did you keep your new years' resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
Not sure I made any New Years' resolutions, but I've been keeping my promises to myself.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
4. Did anyone close to you die?
5. What countries did you visit?
I went three months without leaving my county. (Guess what I did again?) Countries definitely didn't happen.
6. What would you like to have in 2017 that you lacked in 2016?
This sounds selfish but…more single friends.
7. What date from 2016 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
November 2, the joy before the end of the world (as we know it).
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
The Kiddush Club was a media darling for a bit there. ("Media" loosely defined)
9. What was your biggest failure?
Sometimes I was a pretty awful human being.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
11. What was the best thing you bought?
A vintage skinny-tire French racing bike.
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
Spent a lot of (very happy) time celebrating the Physicist and the Nuclear Engineer..
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
14. Where did most of your money go?
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
It finally happened.
16. What song will always remind you of 2016?
Sufjan Stevens' "Casimir Pulaski Day" "And he takes, and he takes, and he takes..."
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
i. happier or sadder? Sadder.
ii. thinner or fatter? fatter. Uncomfortably so.
iii. richer or poorer? What a loaded damn question.
18. What do you wish you'd done more of?.
19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
20. What was the best thing you ate?
21. What was the best thing you drank?
Hard to choose, but it’s probably featured on Tippling Through The Torah
22. Did you fall in love in 2016?
23. How many one-night stands?
Define “one night.”
24. What was your favorite TV program?
25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
Mmmm, see #13
26. What was the best book you read?
Natalie Moore's "South Side"
27. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Soundcloud? Though I mostly listen to podcasts....
28. What did you want and get?.
It finally happened!!!
29. What did you want and not get?.
An administration that recognized the basic worth and dignity of at least some non-white, non-male, non-upper class human beings.
30. What was your favorite film of this year?
Oh! I saw "The Martian" for the first time in January, so that counts, right?
31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
Family outing to the pow-wow.
32. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Oh, probably an absence of election fraud would do the trick.
33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2016?
Where the hell's my hat?
34. What kept you sane?
35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
36. What political issue stirred you the most?
Kill the black snake.
37. Who did you miss?
Whenever I meet up with the Ace Gang, I realize how much it sucks that we're all spread out.
38. Who was the best new person you met?
39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2016:
You never know everything about who you really are.
40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year